How Does the CBCS Designation Work?
The Certified Business Coaching Specialist (CBCS) designation program is a self-paced training and certification program on business coaching fundamentals, industry terms, and best practices. The CBCS program is self-study and 100% online. That means you get to set your own pace and take as long as you need.
Learn the skills needed to be an effective coach by helping your clients identify their needs and finding solutions that make real-world sense for different situations. More importantly, learn how the coaching process can be a powerful instrument to drive change and bring about organization and individual excellence.
To earn the CBCS designation:
- Register for the CBCS program.
- Purchase the required text book shared in the study guide and syllabus (below), and on the required reading page.
- Go through the materials in the books, videos, and audio resources. With the study guide and mock exam, study for the examination.
- Complete the project, as laid out in the study guide and on the project overview page.
- Schedule an examination by sending in your completed project.
- Score an 80% or higher grade on the examination and project, and earn the CBCS designation and certification.
To learn more about the CBCS program, here are some helpful downloads:
Most people can complete the program in 3-6 months, but there is no deadline or expiration to your registration. Once you register, you have lifetime access to the online materials and can complete the course at your own speed. With an exam held every month, the CBCS can be completed as quickly as you’d like.
Once you enroll, use our audio and video study materials, complete the project laid out in the study guide, and pass our timed online examination, you will earn the CBCS certificate. Please find an example of the certificate you will receive upon completion to the right.
Sample Expert Audio Interview: Gary Henson is the President and Founder of BusinessCoach.com. Gary’s role is to use his 20+ years of experience to lead his team in providing resources to business coaches. Gary believes there is a true art form in providing business coaching to clients and that is what Gary is excels at. (Download this Audio Interview in MP3 format)
Sample Video Module: When you join the CBCS program, you gain access to 29 instructional videos on sales and sales management. Here is an example video below:
Other Coaching Abilities (Download this Video in MP4 Format)