Certified Business Coaching Specialist (CBCS) Strategic Project
The Certified Business Coaching Specialist (CBCS) Program requires participants to complete a Strategic Project in order to graduate from the program. This plan is worth 100 points and accounts for 50% of the total grade within the program.
As such, non-submission of this strategic plan will result in an automatic failing grade for the CBCS program. If you have any questions, please email us at Team@BusinessTraining.com.
Once you have completed this project, please send it and your request to take your desired exam date at least 2 weeks before the scheduled exam date using the Examination Scheduling Form. To schedule yourself for an exam date, this project must be received, completed, at least 2 weeks before the exam date. For example, to take the October 10th exam date, this project must be received (as well as a request to take the exam) no later than September 26th.
Find one coaching client and meet with them for 6 to 10 one hour coaching sessions. After each session, make a one to two page journal about what occurred. Journal entries will be due each week. If the client is unable to make a session, be sure to make a short journal entry noting their absence.
Include the following information in the journal entry:
- What did you learn about the client?
- What did the client learn?
- What developments occurred on the big A agenda and the little A agenda?
- What tools did you use?
- Why did you use them?
- How effective were they?
- Why or why were they not effective?
- If the client had any assignments, did he do them?
- Describe the assignment and the results.
- How did you hold the client accountable?
- What actions will the client take before the next session (if any)?
- What tools do you plan to use in the next session? Why?
- Did you make any errors? If so, how did you recover?
- What coaching tools did you use to recover?
- What would you do differently in this session if you could do it over again?
- What will you do differently in the next session?
Once the coaching sessions are complete, answer the following questions:
- Describe what actions the client has taken to improve their business/ life?
- What did your client learn?
- How did the coaching process add value to the client’s business/life?
- What did you learn through this coaching experience?
- How will this coaching experience change your coaching practice going forward?
Again, please note that the business coaching practicum will be worth 100 points, 50% of the total possible points participants can earn in the business coaching certification program. The business coach certification exam is worth 100 points as well. Written work should have proper grammar and spelling. Points will be taken off for poor grammar and writing. If you need writing assistance or help with proofreading, please feel free to ask, and please utilize your peers and friends to help you proofread.